Moreover, FDM is 100% safe, open-source software distributed under GPL license.
Some people believe that in today’s world, if you have already used a download manager, you’ve used them all. And the statement is pretty much true if you have a look at the most powerful tools in this category, so Free Download Manager is no exception to the rule.
It has all the features we’ve seen in other applications, including torrent downloading, scheduler, file information, flash video downloads, plus an advanced organizer to keep downloaded files in separate folders.
The interface is, as we said, pretty straightforward, which makes it a handy tool for both beginners and power users.
It has a rich settings menu to help you set up the application, as well as some bonus tools in case something’s wrong. For instance, there’s a so-called Optimization Master for choosing the right settings for your connection speed, plus export and import functions for saving or using settings and download lists.
Here are some key features of “Free Download Manager”:
– Download files using BitTorrent protocol (available in Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7).
Upload manager – easy way to share your files:
– Upload your files or folders easily to share them with other users.
Flash video download:
– Download video from video sites, such as Youtube, Google Video, etc. The video can then be saved in native .flv format or converted to one of more popular video formats.
– Create new downloads or view the list of active and completed downloads remotely, via the internet.
– If you want to use Free Download Manager on different computers, you can easily create its portable version and avoid the need to install and configure the program on each computer.
Enhanced audio/video files support:
– Preview audio/video files before download is completed and convert file format after download.
– Free Download Manager splits files into several sections and downloads them simultaneously, allowing you to use any type of connection at the maximum available speed. With FDM download speed increases, or even more!
Resuming broken downloads:
– When the downloading process is interrupted, you needn’t start from the beginning again. Free Download Manager can resume broken download from where it was interrupted saving your time, nerves and money.
Smart file management and powerful scheduler:
– With FDM you can easily organize downloaded files by their type, placing them in predefined folders. A smart scheduler allows you to start and pause downloading files, as well as perform other actions (launch other applications, establish or hang up connection, etc.) at the set time.
Adjusting traffic usage:
– There are several traffic usage modes. You can adjust traffic usage for browsing the Internet and downloading files at the same time.
– Site Explorer lets you view the folders structure of a web site and easily download necessary files or folders.
– You can download whole web pages or even whole web sites with HTML Spider. The tool can be adjusted to download files with specified extensions only.
Simultaneous downloading from several mirrors:
– Free Download Manager is able to download files from several mirrors simultaneously.
Zip files partial download:
– Free Download Manager lets you download only the necessary part of a zip file.
Active spyware and adware protection through active communication among users:
– You can read what other community members say about the file you are going to download, right in the program window, and also leave your own opinion about the file you downloaded. In this way FDM users are always warned against useless or malicious files.
Multi language support:
– Free Download Manager is translated into 30 languages. Supported languages are: Macedonian, Serbian, Albanian, Croatian, Korean, Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese Traditional, Chinese, Czech, German, Dutch, French, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese-Brazil, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Uzbek, Greek, Vietnamese, Slovenian, Persian.